Join the wineries of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for our 5th Annual Spring Oyster Crawl! This year’s event will take place over a full weekend on Saturday & Sunday, April 22 and 23, 2017. Each participating winery will be offering one or more delicious oyster dishes to pair with their wines.
Virginia is quickly becoming known as the “Oyster Capital of the East Coast.” And a great way to enjoy the experience is with local wines & oyster pairings along the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail – recently voted the #2 Wine Trail in Virginia by the readers of Savor Virginia Magazine (learn more).
After experiencing the Oyster Crawl, you too will agree that “Virginia is for Lovers”… of wine and oysters!
Here is the list of participating wineries:
– Caret Cellars: Oyster Rockefeller and Fried Oysters, prepared onsite by Over the Top Catering.
– Dog and Oyster Vineyard: Raw, Roasted and Fried Oysters with Oyster Tacos as a special feature, all prepared onsite by Byrd’s Seafood.
– General’s Ridge Vineyard: Oysters Rockefeller and Cackalacky prepared by the R&B Oyster Bar from Denson’s
– Good Luck Cellars: Raw Oysters and Smoked Oysters prepared by The Great Wicomico Oyster Co.
– Ingleside Vineyards: Oysters on the Half Shell, Fried Oysters and “Oysters Denson” (grilled with seasonings and topped with Parmesan cheese), all prepared onsite by the R&B Oyster Bar from Denson’s. PLUS, live music in the courtyard from 1-4pm on both days (Sat: The Atkinsons Trio; Sun: The Lewis Sluder Smith Acoustic Trio).
– Jacey Vineyards: Menu TBA
– Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery: Raw and Charbroiled Oysters and Oyster Stew prepared onsite by Nomini Bay Oyster Ranch.
Normal wine tasting fees will apply at each winery and oysters will be available for sale. (Please note: This event takes place at individual wineries throughout the Trail. Event hours may vary by winery.)
Want to stay informed? Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page for additional updates throughout the fall leading up to the Oyster Crawl!
We hope to see you there!
– Like us on Facebook for updates
– View Sample Itineraries and Lodging Options
– View an Interactive Map of our Wine Trail
– View our Press Mentions
– Learn more about the Virginia Oyster Trail
– Visit the Virginia Oyster Country website
– How do you like your oysters? Watch the Video