Join the wineries of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for our 4th Annual Fall Oyster Crawl! This year’s event has been expanded to take place over a full weekend on Saturday & Sunday, November 12 and 13, 2016. Each participating winery will be offering a delicious oyster dish to pair with their wines.
Virginia is quickly becoming known as the “Oyster Capital of the East Coast.” And a great way to enjoy the experience is with local wines & oyster pairings along the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail – voted the #1 Wine Trail in Eastern VA by the readers of Virginia Living Magazine.
After experiencing the Oyster Crawl, you too will agree that “Virginia is for Lovers”… of wine and oysters!
Here is the current list of participating wineries:
– Belle Mount Vineyards: Fried Oysters and Roasted Oysters
– Caret Cellars: Oyster Rockefeller and Fried Oysters, prepared onsite by Over the Top Catering.
– Dog and Oyster Vineyard: Fried Oyster Tacos with sriracha key lime slaw, Raw Oysters with champagne vinegar mignonette, Roasted Oysters topped with jalapeño pesto or basil pesto and Oyster Stew. Featuring oysters prepared onsite by Byrd’s Seafood Co.
– General’s Ridge Vineyard: Oysters Cackalacky (with a mild North Carolina-style hot sauce topped with chopped celery and blue cheese crumbles) and Oysters Rockefeller.
– Good Luck Cellars: Scalloped Oysters
– Ingleside Vineyards: Oysters on the Half Shell, Fried Oysters and “Oysters Denson” (grilled with seasonings and topped with Parmesan cheese), all prepared onsite by the R&B Oyster Bar from Denson’s. PLUS, live music in the courtyard from 1-4pm on both days.
– Jacey Vineyards: Roasted Oysters with a variety of optional toppings. (Chili, salad and dessert will also be available.)
– Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery: Raw and Fried Oysters prepared onsite by Nomini Bay Oyster Ranch.
– Vault Field Vineyards: Steamed Oysters with Black Bean, Onion & Green Pepper Salsa
Normal wine tasting fees will apply at each winery and oysters will be available for sale. (Please note: This event takes place at individual wineries throughout the Trail. Event hours may vary by winery.)
Want to stay informed? Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page for additional updates throughout the fall leading up to the Oyster Crawl!
We hope to see you there!
– Follow us on Facebook for updates
– View an Interactive Map of our Wine Trail
– View Sample Itineraries and Lodging Options
– View our Press Mentions
– Learn more about the new Virginia Oyster Trail
– Visit the Virginia Oyster Country website
– How do you like your oysters? Watch the Video