Join the wineries of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for our 3rd Annual Fall Oyster Crawl on Sunday, November 8! Each participating winery will be offering a delicious oyster dish to pair with their wines. After experiencing the Oyster Crawl, you too will agree that “Virginia is for Lovers”… of wine and oysters!
Virginia is quickly becoming known as the Oyster Capital of the East Coast and November has officially been named “Virginia Oyster Month.” Celebrate it with wine & oyster pairings along our Wine Trail, which has been voted the #1 Wine Trail in Eastern VA by the readers of Virginia Living Magazine!
Normal wine tasting fees will apply at each winery and oysters will be available for sale.
Want to make a weekend of it? Several of our wineries will be serving oysters all weekend. Here is the list of participating wineries:
– Athena Vineyards and Winery: Oyster Gumbo (Athena will also serve oysters on Saturday, Nov. 7)
– Belle Mount Vineyards: Roasted and Fried Oysters (Belle Mount will also serve oysters on Saturday, Nov. 7.)
– Dog and Oyster Vineyard: Oyster Stew and Roasted Oysters topped with sweet potato butter (Dog and Oyster will also serve oysters on Friday, Nov. 6 and Saturday, Nov. 7)
– General’s Ridge Vineyard: Oysters on the Half Shell two ways – Cackalacky and Bienville
– Good Luck Cellars: Scalloped Oysters (Good Luck will also serve oysters on Saturday, Nov. 7.)
– Ingleside Vineyards: Oysters on the Half Shell, Fried Oysters and Oysters “Drago style” (grilled with garlic, butter and herbs and topped with Parmesan cheese), prepared onsite by the R&B Oyster Bar from Densons. PLUS enjoy live music in the courtyard.
– Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery: Oysters Rockefeller
– Vault Field Vineyards: Steamed Oysters with Black Bean, Onion & Green Pepper Relish
Want to stay informed? Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page for additional updates throughout the fall leading up to the Oyster Crawl.
We hope to see you there!
P.S. Planning to attend the Urbanna Oyster Festival on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 6-7? Why not continue your Virginia Oyster experience to enjoy our Fall Oyster Crawl on Sunday!
– Visit our Homepage to view an interactive map of our Wine Trail
– View Sample Itineraries on our Wine Trail
– Learn more about Virginia Oyster Month and watch the Video
– Learn more about the new Virginia Oyster Trail
– Visit the Virginia Oyster Country website
– How do you like your oysters? Watch the Video
– Read Press Mentions about our Wine Trail